Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A New Year

Wow!  I cannot believe it is already 2012! Kyle and I sure have had a year of new adventures. Here are a few pictures of our year in review.

*We are missing February and only had one picture for a few other months which is why I am starting Project Life this year! It is a way to scrapbook EASILY! How perfect is that?! Some people take a picture each day and some people take pictures weekly, but ultimately, it's up to you. Make it personal and easy for you. This year I am going to try to do weekly, while I get caught up with previous years.  Once I get Project Life in the mail I will post updates of how it's coming! I am so STINKING excited!!! Here is Becky Higgins' (creator of PL) website:
beckyhiggins.com

This is an example of a PL page from http://www.debduty.com/.  It comes with filler cards and journal cards.  You place them in the pocket pages then put in your pictures, journal and you're done! :)

Now onto our year in review! Enjoy reliving our 2011!

JANUARY
Kyle and I enjoyed some trap shooting on Goat Mt in Colton with my parents and Ty. 

MARCH
Going away part at Padington's Pizza with my side of the family and friends. 

Our drive across country from Oregon to Virginia.

APRIL
Our 1 year anniversary in D.C.  The person who took the picture failed to get the White House in the background...sometimes I wonder what people think.  

  The Cherry Blossom trees were beautiful!

MAY
Rolling Thunder Motorcyle Rally. Very cool! We even saw Sarah Palin! This was one of Kyle's highlights will on the east coast.

We went to a few Nationals games which were a blast.  This one had one of those crazy southern storms! A torential downpour and lightning and thunder!

JUNE
Kyle and his buddy Wiseman out in the field...one of many FEX's (Field Exercises) 

During the guys' FEX's, us ladies would get together.  Here I am with a few wives at Georgetown Cupcake which is on the TLC show D.C. Cupcakes! They were De-Lish!

JULY
I visited home to attend Katrina and Tyler's baby shower for Macie and...

we took a family vaca to Hawaii! Little did I know I would be moving to this exact place in about 2 months! :)

I celebrated my birthday in Oregon too!  I extended my stay because we found out Kyle was going to be on a FEX, so I wanted to spend it with family.  But look at what my Marine sent me! :)

AUGUST
At Great Falls Park in Northern Virginia.  They had nice hiking trails with beautiful views.

SEPTEMBER
Finally got a picture with my good friend Mandee and her kids at her birthday party

My beautiful niece, Macie Rae, was born on September 7th.  AND...I was able to take this picture because my parents flew me out!!! I am so thankful for them! Kyle was gone on a FEX and I was missing a big family moment...I pulled at my mom's heart strings while crying into the phone while they were in the hospital after her birth. :)

Kyle is on the far left in this group of Marines at Showalter's wedding. It was a beautiful ceremony held in Maryland.

Exploring Baltimore after dropping off Kyle's truck to be shipped to HAWAII!

My parents came out for Kyle's graduation and we visited Philadelphia.  Standing in front of the Liberty Bell. 

We also did night sightseeing in D.C. It was my moms first time there and I think she had a blast because it was a beautiful night and seeing D.C. at night is a whole new thing than during the day.

Kyle's graduation from TBS.  He was definitely relieved for this day! What a stud! ;)

OCTOBER
We finally made it to Hawaii. Living in a motel, but we made it!  Can't believe we get to be in this beautiful place for 3 years!

NOVEMBER

Happy Thanksgiving! We took a short, but steep hike in Lanikai for part of our first Thanksgiving alone and without a house!

DECEMBER

After Kyle's WPW surgery.  What a trooper.  I am so thankful they fixed his heart and we are still praying to find out about his atrial fibrillation.

Christmas at the beach in a swim suit. WHAT?! :)

Looking back I can't believe at how much we have done in 2011!  Hopefully this year will have just as many adventures, more friendships made, and...we get a house!!! ;) (Can you tell I'm going out of my mind anxious to get a house?)

Wishing you all a Happy 2012!  Come visit us in Hawaii! :)






1 comment:

  1. I know I have already seen ALL these photos, but it was fun looking at them as a year in review :) You guys had a fun year!

    ReplyDelete