Saturday, December 31, 2011

Exploring the beach

On the 26th my friend Stephanie and her husband Patrick arrived in Hawaii.  I met Steph in Virginia, while our husbands attended TBS.  They also got stationed in Hawaii and I couldn’t be happier! It is wonderful to see a familiar face.  We picked them up from the airport and dropped them off at the lodge (our old home for 60 days) to get settled.


Since Kyle and I were on base we decided to go to one of the beaches we had yet to visit.  Fort Hase Beach does not have much of a “beach”, but it has beautiful water, a magnificent view, and fascinating rocks.  I had my camera and I took initiative to have a photo-op…needless to say Kyle wasn’t too excited. ;)  We had a great time just walking around, talking, and taking in the scenery.  Here are a few of my favorite pictures:

Beautiful sand, rocks and ocean.

Okay. I love this picture! :) Kyle was very reluctant to do a picture like this, but I convinced him and glad I did! :)

Wearing my new shirt from Darcy and Josh...love it! 

We love how the trees look like they're blowing in the wind at all times.

A sneaker wave came up and soaked Kyle! It hit that rock in front of him and shot straight up his leg. 

Portugese Man-of-War! This was about as a big one!

:)

Happy New Years Eve! Hope you have had a fabulous year and if not, I hope 2012 is much more joyous! :)

1 comment:

  1. um... I LOVE the pic of you and Kyle. I doubt Greg would let me take one like that. Or if he did I would look all lovesick and cute and he would just look annoyed haha.

    ReplyDelete