Sunday, March 31, 2013

Kyle Turns 26

On Friday, the 29th, we celebrated Kyle's 26th birthday.  I am so thankful for his life and that he chose to be a part of mine.  At first, he was supposed to be gone on his birthday, but he isn't leaving till the 7th now.  To start off his birthday, he had to do the PFT (Physical Fitness Test) at 0600 where he had to run 3 miles in 18:00 minutes, do 20 pull-ups, and 100 sit ups.  Not the most fun way to start your birthday, but I surprised him with coffee and homemade lemon poppyseed muffins with a lemon glaze, when he got home.  


These are delicious and I found them on Pinterest! Click here for the recipe!

After breakfast Kyle headed to work, but luckily it was "Aloha Friday", so he got off at 1400! :)  He did not tell anyone it was his birthday because he embarrassed his Gunny on his birthday with cupcakes and having his troops sing happy birthday, so the last thing he wanted was for that to happen.  BUT...his Gunny saw on Facebook that it was Kyle's birthday, so he did the SAME thing to Kyle :)

Here is Kyle with Gunny Shaw holding his cupcake getting ready to hear his Marines sing happy birthday to him :)

Once he got home, we did our little birthday together. 

Kyle being surprised at the the blue ray I got him!

He'd been wanting this movie for a long time and kept quoting it the last month :)

Kyle also LOVES outdoor games, so I bought him Ladder Golf!  We will definitely get good use outta this game! 

I made him take a picture with me on the self timer :)

By dessert, he wasn't in the mood for pictures, so I got a picture of his Funfetti Cake I made, his favorite :)

At the end of the day, it was a low-key birthday.  We ended up watching The Other Guys, ate burritos for dinner, and relaxed.  Kyle isn't one to make a huge deal out of birthdays, so this was perfect for him. :)  


1 comment:

  1. Um, those muffins look delish! As soon as I saw the pic I thought "I need to get that recipe!" then seconds later I saw your link to it :) Glad Kyle was celebrated and appreciated on his bday even if it was embarrassing for him. We LOVE our ladder golf game. Luckily in Hawaii, you'll almost always have perfect weather to get outside and play.

    ReplyDelete