Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas Preparations

I am proud to say that we finished our Christmas shopping earlier than ever! That makes the relaxing and enjoying Christmas a little easier.  Here is how we've been preparing for Christmas this year:

I put up our "Nativity Set" that I ordered from Etsy!

Going to the beach to relax...only a walk down the street

Kyle gets to showcase his wrapping skills, which he prides himself in :)

I got a sneak peak at who got me a present this year.  Oh, my husband makes me laugh!

AAV rides at the Christmas party for 3rd Marines (who Kyle works for)

They even brought snow!!!

There was a beautiful sunset that night!

Mailing packages and Christmas cards to family on the Mainland!

Enjoying our lights at night and trying to get into the Christmas spirit in Hawaii.

I hope your Christmas preparations are going smoothly and you are having fun doing them! We wish we could spend Christmas with our family this year, but it's wonderful to be able to start new traditions with Kyle...even if it's in Hawaii when it doesn't necessarily feel like Christmas.  



2 comments:

  1. I love the "nativity set!" Who is the seller? My mom has the Willow Tree Angels set & I've been wanting it, but it takes up lots of space & is pricey. I also love the "tis the season" sign :-) Hope Christmas in Hawaii is still fun & festive for you & Kyle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I desperately want the Willow Tree Angels set too, but the price is a little too steep for me! Here is the link to the seller on Etsy:

    https://www.etsy.com/transaction/103947895

    There are a few others I found if you search on there I'm sure you can find one you'll like! I like how with this one it'll be easier to keep the big pieces together, rather than small pieces that may break.

    And the "tis the season" sign I randomly found at a shop in Pennsylvania when my parents came to visit us and we took a road trip to Philadelphia.

    ReplyDelete