Saturday, March 10, 2012

Tornado in Hawaii!

The last month has shown to be a very wet winter for Hawaii, but yesterday morning and the night before proved to be one of the craziest night and morning of weather I'm sure Hawaii has ever seen.  And I got to experience it! It started raining the evening of the 8th around 7pm and did not stop till around 5am when it started hailing.  Hail in Hawaii! WHAT?! It sounded SO loud from my bedroom, but I was too tired to walk upstairs to look outside.  After seeing pictures my friends posted I wish I would have!  Enjoy these amazing pictures!

This is some of the hail.  On average it was the size of a quarter and in some areas it was the size of a golf ball!

This is a funnel cloud that the MP's from base had seen and took a picture of.  This is amazing to see in Hawaii!

Here is a water spout that started in Lanikai.  It was going 60 - 70 mph and eventually came on land and turned into a tornado.  It took the roof off a few homes and caused some other damage.  Lanikai is a very ritzy neighborhood.  

An amazing photo! This is Lanikai Beach with amazing lightning bolts shooting towards the water.  Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment