Saturday, March 24, 2012

Hangin' with the Girls

Last Tuesday I had a blessed evening with some wonderful, God-loving women.  We went to a great restaurant in Kailua called Buzz's Original Steak House.  It will definitely be a great place for me to take all of you when you come to visit.

Larissa, Amy, Angie, me and Jenny.  (Larissa, Amy and Jenny I met at bible Study on base and they've been such a blessing)

Meet Jenny, my roommate! :)

Then on Thursday, it was Valerie's birthday.  She is a new wife to the island and she started going to Bible Study.  Since she doesn't know many people, Jenny and I took her into Waikiki to celebrate her 27th birthday.  We had some wonderful tanning at the beach, then lunch at The Cheesecake Factory, and some shopping at the International Market Place.

She had a delicious cheesecake all decorated for her birthday.

Valerie and I at the beach in Waikiki.  Jenny and I got her a lei for her special day.  I love leis! Friends and Family: Be prepared to get one whenever you come! :)

2 comments:

  1. so glad you have a good support group out there! Also, was it weird to be in Waikiki NOT on vacation? Especially at International Marketplace?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, yes! I kept saying that to Jenny. It's getting a little more familiar, but since that's where we always stayed, it still feels like a vacation. Especially since it's so different from our side of the island.

    ReplyDelete