Sunday, July 15, 2012

Working 9 to 5

Well, actually 7 to 3:30, but it's still 40 hours a week.  I've been busy, but it's been fun! Here's a little bit from the field trips we've been taking lately.

Tiki Island is a little putt-putt and bumper boats place on base.  I've drove past it a lot, but never went.  It's great for kids! I went in the bumper boats and of course the kids want to spray the staff :) So needless to say, I got a tad bit wet soaked.

We took the kids to Pearl Harbor.  It was a rough day for the kiddos...probably won't take them there again, but it was nice to visit there again, since I haven't been since 2008.

Inside the USS Arizona Memorial.

God Bless America

Last week we took the kids to Chuck E Cheese's! I haven't been there since I was a kid! Exactly how I remembered it :) The kids loved it!

Ski ball is an all-time favorite! Kids were much more well behaved than Pearl Harbor, but there was one little accident...a boy came up to me and said, "I have to use the restroom!" I told him, "Okay, go ahead."  Then he looked surprised and said in a desperate voice, "I'm going!!!"  I look down and he's peeing! Poor guy, I tell him to "Come on! Hurry!" and we rush to the restroom.  And on top of that, it was super hero day for spirit week and the little guy was in a spiderman suit! I think he just got so excited he didn't want to stop playing, that by the time he realized he had to go it was too late :(

Friday was sports team day, so I wore Kyle's Oklahoma Thunder jersey of Kevin Durant.  The kids loved it!

I had a 6 day work week this week.  So for Saturday, we had something called a Summer Splashdown on base.  It was free to families.  We had a bunch of water activities like inflatable slides, a dunk tank, water balloon toss, big bubble toys, football toss through a tire, ladder golf, egg walk, potato sack race, free ice cream, and free smoothies from Orange Julius! They also had prizes for the games.  The kids and families seemed to love it.  There was a huge turnout!  It's wonderful that the base puts on such wonderful free activities for military families. 



2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, looks like you are having so much fun at work! I bet it is still tiring though. That poor little kiddo in his spiderman outfit :( Good thing we know how to hand those things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to add a picture from another field trip! I'm gonna update it :) And it for sure is tiring, but fun and nice money :)

    ReplyDelete