Saturday, July 14, 2012

Skydiving!

Well, a week ago today, Kyle and I went skydiving! I am still feeling the adrenaline rush!  We drove up to the North Shore to try a once-in-a-lifetime experience...and hopefully not our last experience, if you catch my drift ;)  We went skydiving with Ken, who is the Australian Captain, staying with us.  He also had three other "mates" who are here for RIMPAC, so they came with us too! At first we weren't going to pay for pictures, but then we found out it was cheaper than we initially thought, so we paid for a photographer for me on my jump! I wish Kyle would have had pictures taken too, but he's not as obsessed with pictures as I am :)

Here are a few shots from our AMAZING experience! Family and friends, if skydiving is on your bucket list, then you should save up to do it here!  It is a beautiful view!

Here are some snapshots from our experience:

A little anxious before takeoff!

Here we go!

Clockwise from top left: Me and Kyle waiting our turn...eeeekkkk!!! Kyle and Ken excited to jump out of a plane. Beautiful view. Am I ready for this?! Ken jumping out of the plane! 

What a rush!  They scoot you out of the plane so quick, there is barely time to think, "I'm about to jump out of a plane" so that's a good thing I guess :)  The initial free fall is a blast! I couldn't stop smiling! Then about 30 seconds in I realized I wasn't breathing...I tried to breathe and couldn't! I sorta remained calm in a panicky sorta way ;) Then I remembered someone said to breathe through your nose and that helped a TINY bit.  Once the chute opened it was perfect :)

Beautiful ocean view

Shaka! :)

Preparing to land.  Scott my instructor was awesome! He even let me steer when we were parachuting down!

We survived! A check off our bucket list, which gives me an idea, I should definitely do a post about my bucket list!

I don't know if I'll be doing this again any time soon, but I wouldn't mind doing it again someday.  I would most definitely, recommend this for those of you who have never jumped out of a plane!





No comments:

Post a Comment