Friday, April 22, 2011

My New Best Friend

This week Kyle has been working especially long hours because it is Range Week (I will make another post about that once I get more info on it from him). He usually is not home before 7:30pm and has to wake up at 3:30am.  By the time he gets home he is exhausted and hungry; the last thing he wants to do is wait for dinner to be made.

I received a 5-ingredient slow-cooker recipe book for our wedding and I recently started searching through the cookbook for recipes we would enjoy. I have tried a couple recipes so far and they have turned out delicious! My crock pot is definitely becoming my new best friend. I can figure Kyle will be home around 7:30pm and then count back the cooking hours and if he just happens to get home later, I can just leave it on warm and it's ready when he's home!

Here is what we tried last night:

Creamy Baked Chicken with Stuffing

* 8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, divided
* 10 3/4 oz. can cream of chicken soup
* 1/4 cup water
* 1 cup crushed herb-seasoned stuffing
* Half a stick (1/4 cup) butter, melted
* 7 slices white American cheese

1. Lightly grease interior of slow cooker. Layer half of chicken in bottom of slow cooker.
2. Combine soup and water in a small bowl. Spoon half of soup mixture over chicken in slow cooker.
3. Layer remaining chicken into slow cooker. Top with remaining soup mixture.
4. Sprinkle stuffing crumbs over top. Drizzle melted butter.
5. Cover and cook on high 4 hours or until chicken is tender.
6. Place cheese slices over crumbs until melted.

 Variations: Since it's only the 2 of us, I only used 2 chicken breasts and then cut back on all the other ingredients to my liking and we thought it turned out just right!

Our ingredients, minus one chicken breast and cheese.

The chicken is in there somewhere!

And...the finished product! We liked our chicken with a little Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce to add a bit more flavor.

Love,
Britt



1 comment:

  1. this post just made me VERY hungry. i'm glad for your new best friend! ;)

    ReplyDelete